In the following, the term “Plug-in” will refer to the use of Connectid’ Mail’s plug-in, which is available as a Microsoft Outlook Add-in through Microsoft AppSource.
We have tried to keep it as simple as possible, but if you are not familiar with terms like cookies, IP addresses, pixel tags, and browsers, then read about these key terms first. Our customers’ privacy matters to us, as well as that of our customers’ customers. So whether you are new to Connectid Mail or a regular user, please take the time to get to know our practices, and if you have any questions contact us.
What are cookies?
When you visit Safe Online’s Websites you will automatically receive one or more cookies. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your browser or device. Cookies are used to recognize users and to remember you from time to time.
Cookies make it easier for you to use our Website by remembering some of your user preferences and settings.
What type of cookies do we use?
We use the following 4 types of cookies when you visit Safe Online’s Websites:
- Necessary cookies: We place these cookies in order to optimize your experience using our Websites and to make sure that the Websites work properly.
- Preference cookies: We use preference cookies to remember your preferences from previous sessions on our Websites, but also to track your geographical location.
- Statistical cookies: We use analysis cookies in order for us to measure, understand, improve and investigate our products. These cookies are used to analyze how you use our services, so we can create statistics to measure what functionalities are popular, etc.
- Marketing cookies: We use marketing cookies in order for us to market our products effectively by delivering relevant advertisements to potential cookies. These cookies are used to deliver advertisements that fit the individual user and to measure the impact of such advertisements.
What are we using cookies for?
Connectid Mail is a digital product. Most of our business activity takes place online. Therefore, it is essential for us to ensure that our Websites and Plug-in work as they should.
We collect data about when and how long you visit our Websites, which pages you click on if you have visited us before, and what services you seem to be more interested in than others.
In addition, we collect data about which browser and device you use as well as your IP address, in order to optimize which ads to present to you in potential subsequent marketing.
How long do we store cookies?
Some cookies remain on your device for a set period of time specified in the cookie. They are reactivated each time you visit our Websites.
Other cookies, however, are temporary and are only stored during a browser session. A browser session starts when a user opens the browser window and finishes when they close the browser window. Once you close the browser, all session cookies are deleted.
How to avoid cookies?
It is possible to avoid some types of cookies, although some cookies are necessary for the Website to work properly.
Most browsers allow you to use Private Browsing, after which you can anonymously visit Websites. In many cases, this will also limit the number of cookies stored on your browser to the cookies that are necessary for the Website to function optimally.
- Private browsing in Microsoft Edge(Ctrl+Shift+P)
- Private browsing in FireFox(Ctrl+Shift+P)
- Private Browsing in Safari for iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch(new tab + Private)
- Private browsing in Chrome(Ctrl+Shift+N)
- Private browsing in Opera(Ctrl+Shift+N)
- Private browsing in Brave(Ctrl+Shift+P)
How are cookies deleted?
If you want to delete cookies, you can do so in your browser settings.
All browsers allow you to either delete cookies individually or all at once. Below you will find a list of links with instructions on how to delete cookies for each of the most commonly used browsers. Remember to delete the cookies in all browsers if you use more than one.All browsers allow you to either delete cookies individually or all at once. Below you will find a list of links with instructions on how to delete cookies for each of the most commonly used browsers. Remember to delete the cookies in all browsers if you use more than one.
- Internet Explorer
- Flash cookies (applies to all browsers)
- iPhone, iPad, and other Apple devices
- Android devices
- Devices using Windows 7
Cookies from third parties and business partners
When you visit Connectid Mail’s Website, Connectid Mail places cookies on behalf of third parties and business partners.
- Third parties are services that provide content to the Website in the form of video, submit forms, and chat functionality. In addition, third-party applications are used to optimize our Website experience based on the user behavior that we track on Safe Online’s Websites. Such services are YouTube, Google Analytics, and Hotjar.
Safe Online respects all wishes for the confidentiality of personal data and we strive to ensure that all personal data is processed securely and appropriately.
What is personal data?
Personal data is any kind of information that can be attributed to natural persons, even though this requires knowledge of, for example, personal identification number, address, etc.
A distinction is made between three types of personal data: “Sensitive Personal Data” and “Personal Data” and “Personal Data About Criminal Offences and Convictions”.
Sensitive Personal Data is information about race or ethnic origin, political, religious or philosophical beliefs or union affiliation, as well as the treatment of genetic or biometric data for the purpose of identifying a natural person, his or her’s health data, and sexual orientation.
Personal data is information that does not fall under the category of sensitive personal data. For example, personal identifiers such as name, address, financial data, commercial data about customers, or more technical data such as IP addresses.
Personal data about criminal offenses and convictions is data about any criminal offense and/or potential convictions, regardless of whether the offense has resulted in a liable and/or punishable offense. This type of data is separately defined in the Danish Data Protection Act.
What Personal Data Do We Collect?
Safe Online collects different categories of personal data when using our Websites.
Your data is obtained by Safe Online in two ways: when you submit your personal data while using our Websites or the Connectid Mail plug-in, and when Safe Online collects your data when you visit our Websites.
We collect personal data in the following ways:
- Profile Data: Personal data that you provide in order to transfer data using Connectid Mail. Your Profile Data includes your name and email address.
- Communications Data: Personal data contained in communications between you and the party you are requesting data from, or otherwise provided in any way when you are interacting with our Services.
- Behavioural Data: When you visit our Websites and/or use our Plug-in, we collect the following data about how you use our Plug-in: IP addresses, session data, and other data that help us track your behavior on our websites or our Plug-in. We also collect data about the types of devices you use to interact with our websites. In addition, we collect your geographical location.
We will only use, disclose and otherwise process your personal data for the purposes set forth in your agreement with us for the provisioning of the Services (“ Connectid Mail User License Agreement”).
We also process the following data for the following purposes:
- SafeData: Any Personal Data, Sensitive Personal Data, and Personal Data About Criminal Offences and Convictions that is securely transferred to you or by you using Connectid Mail. We will not process SafeData for any other purpose other than to transmit the requested SafeData between Users.
Why do we collect personal data?
We collect your personal data to give you the best possible experience with our Websites and Plug-in.
By using the Connectid Mail Plug-in and Safe Online’s Website you agree that Connectid Mail can process the categories of personal data necessary in order to service, optimize, maintain, or develop our Websites and Plug-in.
We use the personal data we collect for the following purposes:
- To be able to deliver targeted ads and campaigns.
- To register and sign you up as a user and to enable secure login to our Plug-in.
- To send you newsletters and other relevant news.
- To understand the way you use our Websites and Plug-in so we can improve and optimize them as well as develop new products and services.
- Let you send inquiries regarding data portability to companies, authorities, etc. that controls or process your data.
- To make analysis and statistics about our customers, our market, our Websites, and our services so we can better understand our customers, which enables us to offer new and improved products and services.
- To send notifications and service notifications, to deliver data and other information about data protection from one of your service providers and other security measures built into Safe Online’s products.
- To send service notifications about data delivery, registration of data breach from one of your service providers, and other security measures built into Safe Online’s products.
Who do we share your personal data with?
- Business Partners’ processing of Profile and Behavioural Data: Safe Online only shares your profile and Behavioural Data with trusted partners, such as marketing agencies, development consultants and other consultants, etc., who help us maintain, update, market or run our Website, Plug-in, business, or service. These parties will only have access to your personal data to the extent necessary for the purposes of the cooperation and always with a contractual obligation to treat your personal data confidentially, and Safe Online will not share any data other than your Profile Data and Behavioural Data.
- Third-party services handling Behavioural Data to deliver marketing and advertising: Your Behavioural Data may also be shared with third-party services in order to provide marketing, advertising, or other similar services. These services include but are not limited to: Facebook, Google AdWords, Bing, LinkedIn.
- Third-party services handling Behavioural Data to make analyses and optimizations: In order to measure and optimize visits on our Websites, your Behavioural Data is shared with third-party services that can be used to optimize and improve our Websites and products. Such services include an example: Google Analytics, Hotjar, Google Optimize, Bing, Facebook.
- Third-party services processing your Profile Data to send newsletters: In order for us to send you newsletters, perform customer surveys, collect feedback on our services, as well as other communication, your Profile Data will be shared with, inter alia, following third party services; ActiveCampaign and Typeform.
- Sharing of all data for safe storage: In order to protect your personal data against unauthorized access, all categories of your personal data are stored and processed by our IT Infrastructure provider, Microsoft Azure. You can read more about security under the “Protection of personal data”.
- Sharing of data for legal compliance reasons or in case of a dispute: We may share your data if we believe it is required by applicable law, regulation, operating agreement, legal process, or governmental request, or where the disclosure is otherwise appropriate due to safety or similar concerns.
Safe Online processes your personal data either on the basis of your agreed consent or if the processing is necessary for us to fulfill a contract to which you are a party.
If the processing is based on your consent, you will be able to withdraw your consent, as described in the section “Your Rights”.
If you do not wish to consent to our processing of your personal data, Safe Online may refuse to grant you access to the services offered on Safe Online’s Websites and to our Plug-in.
How long do we keep personal data?
When you terminate your account with Connectid Mail or otherwise end your engagement with Safe Online, your personal data will be stored for 2 years. After 2 years the data will be deleted.
Personal data obtained for the purpose of sending newsletters and updates about our products will be retained until you unsubscribe.
However, all personal data will always be deleted when the personal data is no longer relevant for the purpose for which it has been collected or if consent is withdrawn.
Read more about your rights as a data subject, as well as your options for deleting your personal data in the section below.
Protection of personal data
Connectid Mail encrypts your personal data when it is in transit using 4096 bit HTTPS encryption. HTTPS is used for protection against unwanted tampering with digital communication. In this way, your data is secured against unauthorized access.
Once your data is stored, it is also encrypted with 4096 bits, on servers handled by our service provider Microsoft Azure. The servers are also encrypted and under guard. The servers are physically located in the same region as you.
Your rights as a Connectid Mail user
- As a data subject, you have the right to have your personal data deleted. Safe Online, however, will in some cases reserve the right to either restrict or reject a deletion if the personal data in question is required in order for us to comply with applicable law or regulation or to defend a legal claim.
- As a data subject, you are entitled to insight as to what personal data we are processing about you. You can request a data extract at any time of all the data that we keep regarding your person. Your personal data will be delivered as soon as possible – however, always within 4 weeks.
- As a data subject, you are entitled to transfer your data to another data controller. Your data will be delivered to you electronically so that you are able to transfer the data to another data controller/service provider.
- As a data subject, you are entitled to correct any inaccurate data we may process about you.
- As a data subject, you are entitled to withdraw the consent if you wish to stop or restrict our processing of your personal data.
We aim to maintain our services in a manner that protects personal data from accidental or malicious destruction. Because of this, after you delete personal data from our services, we may not immediately delete residual copies from our active servers and may not remove personal data from our backup systems.
Notification of breach of the protection of your personal data
In case of a security breach that may compromise your personal data, Safe Online will notify you by email without undue delay. The email will contain information about the extent of the security breach, what specific data is affected, and what actions and plans have been initiated to limit any possible harm or misuse of your personal data.
Inquiries about personal data
If you want to know more about the types of personal data we possess about you or have questions regarding the processing of your personal data, please contact Safe Online’s privacy officer, Sebastian Allerelli at mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you wish to complain about Safe Online’s processing and/or use of your personal data, you can do so by contacting the authorities. In Denmark, the relevant government body is Datatilsynet, Borgergade 28, 5, 1300 Kbh K, tel. +45 33 19 32 00.
See more at https://www.datatilsynet.dk
Safe Online ApS
Købmagergade 22, 2, 1150 Copenhagen, Denmark
Phone: +45 27772737