Quick-start guide: Admins
DataMapper lets you easily navigate through all your company’s sensitive documents from one dashboard, right from your browser
Set up DataMapper
- Sign in with your username and password (this is your email and password to this)
- Select the storage locations your company uses
- Invite the rest of your team to connect their location
- Copy and paste employee and customer names (not required and can be done later)
Connect all your storage locations
- Go to data locations
- Select a location and specific folders to scan (these will then synchronize nightly to DataMapper)
- Click scan (some locations may require you to authenticate with login info once more)
- Next time you logon to DataMapper you don't need to re-authenticate as the system now synchronizes data from your locations to DataMapper so the system is constantly updated
Monitor risk from your dashboard
When you have set up the locations in the previous step, you can keep browsing the menu tabs you have as an admin. We'd recommend you click on Dashboard as guided here:
- Go to your dashboard to get a full overview on how your company is doing in DataMapper
- See how many high-risk, risk, and non-risk documents you have, as well as your fellow users
- See risk categories, document age & the highest risk users
What you can use these different statistics/insights for are none other than helping your teammates clean up faster - and internal stakeholders may have an interest in hearing how you are doing overall in the company. We've created this page to help you showcasing it. If you are missing some statistics/insights, please don't hesitate to reach out to our Customer Success team for help.
Review risk documents
- Click risk documents in the menu
- Filter documents by type, person, keywords, etc.
- Click on a document to see why it was flagged - use the other tabs as "numbers", "keywords" and "relations" to gain more insight
- Take action: Mark documents as 'Ok' or 'Critical'
- If you are looking at documents you have scanned yourself (as an admin you can see other users scans) it is also possible for you to open the document on its exact location as well as you can see if there are (multiple) duplicates available - and if they are on other locations you don't have access to directly, you can tell your teammates to delete them.
- Check back for new documents next time DataMapper synchronizes again (usually every night)
Invite new users
- Click Team in the menu
- Choose 'Send invitation'.
- Enter the emails of the team members you want to invite.
- Edit users to assign new admin
- Let the new team members know what to do in getting started. Send them a guide on how to get started (look for the guide directed at users in our helpcenter)
NOTE: As the creator of the account, you are the administrator. When you invite members of your team to join DataMapper and they integrate their storage locations, all results will appear in your(admin) Dashboard, but each of them will only see their own results. Remember you can assign new users certain roles, whether it is admin or user.